Skip to content
- Ontario Power Generation
- University Student - Engineering Intern
- Work Term
- August 2015 - August 2016
- What are your daily responsibilities?
- Updating governance documents, creating reports, supporting in emergent issues.
- What were some projects you were involved in?
- Assessments of tests for predicting capacity of back up instrument air, calculating heat loads , sensitivity studies using software and models
- What were strong points of your interview? Did grades matter?
- Interview is completely behaviour based, no technical questions. You can talk technical if you wish just make sure if you do, know what you're talking about. In my interview I stressed importance of safety and following instructions. Grades probably mattered
- Which skill sets/courses were most relevant to your position?
- Problem Solving, dealing with very large amounts of data/documents and finding what you need,
Process engineering, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics
- What did your company expect from you as a 2nd/3rd year co-op student?
- Do your best, complete training and continually learn by working with more experienced staff.
- Did you like your overall PEY experience? Why or why not?
- Yes, you may gain practical experience and contacts within company. Learn more about the company and helps with finding a job after graduation.
- One fun fact about your job?
- Lots of other student interns are hired
- Salary Range