Skip to content
- Process Analyst
- Work Term
- May 2013-July 2014
- What are your daily responsibilities?
- Statistical analysis, meeting with business and external stakeholders, process mapping
- What were some projects you were involved in?
- I worked on three projects related to digitization within the Bank
- What were strong points of your interview? Did grades matter?
- They definitely care a lot about getting to know your personality. Good grades grant you an interview but won't help you much with getting the job. Make sure you focus on teamwork and communication skills as they're key to succeeding at work. Also, revising 2nd year statistics will help you answer all statistic related questions.
- Which skill sets/courses were most relevant to your position?
- 2nd year stats course
Both ESP courses
- What did your company expect from you as a 2nd/3rd year co-op student?
- They definitely didn't expect much in the first 4 months. The first 4 months are focused a lot on exposing you to the project and getting to know the people you'll be working with. As you progress through the year, they'll begin to expect more and towards the end, you're pretty much treated like a full-time employee.
- Did you like your overall PEY experience? Why or why not?
- I personally really enjoyed my PEY experience. It was a great learning experience and the team I worked with was very supportive. Given that the work is in a bank, there were short periods of downtime where things were slow. Overall though, things were fast-paced and changing.
- One fun fact about your job?
- The building I was located in (Commerce Court North) was the tallest building in the British Empire/Commonwealth for roughly three decades.
- Salary Range