Skip to content
- Bürkert Fluid Control Systems
- Ingelfingen, Germany
- Research and Development Intern - Microfluidics Department
- Work Term
- May 2014 - April 2015
- What are your daily responsibilities?
- Mainly, I draw things on Solidworks and translate that drawing into a working prototype. This is done by converting that drawing into a program that can mill the pieces I want with a 2.5 dimension milling machine. Afterwards I will assemble the system to evaluate it's effectiveness at its intended task.
Based on the whole trial and error process, I would suggest improvements into current company products. Furthermore, I formulate new analytic principles with existing company products on my own so that there is a potentially of create products out of it.
- What were some projects you were involved in?
- What were strong points of your interview? Did grades matter?
- Ultimately, grades did not matter. They do look at it if you put it on your CV, but if you leave it out they don't mind.
In terms of interview, they are looking for independent workers that works very efficiency. As well, another strong point is if you have experience in the research field already.
- Which skill sets/courses were most relevant to your position?
- Independent working, Research, Communication, CAD-Based Drawings.
Fluid Mechanics, Differential Equation, Process Control
- What did your company expect from you as a 2nd/3rd year co-op student?
- Like all company, they assign you to a supervisor to which you assist them in with their projects.
As well, they would give you your own independent project, to which there is a chance of it being turned into a product.
- Did you like your overall PEY experience? Why or why not?
- Overall, the PEY experience is wonderful.
To be able to work in Germany, considered many as one of the worlds top engineering country, and learning best work ethics from them is amazing.
Furthermore, being in Europe, you can travel and visit other countries, as transportation through train is very convenient.
- One fun fact about your job?
- Salary Range